Creative Hot Chocolate Recipes

Now that it’s officially winter, all anyone wants to do is snuggle with their cozy blankets and favorite cuddling buddies while indulging in the heart-warming drink known as hot chocolate. It is also a necessity if you’re stuck waking up at 6 am for 0 period( it’s freezing) or even for first! Although everyone knows how to make the traditional hot chocolate, most people haven’t discovered that hot cocoa has several different recipes, each tasting different. A couple examples and recipes of delicious hot chocolates that you can make any time at home are:

Mexican Hot Chocolate-

(Original recipe makes 2 servings)

3 tablespoons instant hot chocolate mix

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 pinch chili powder

1/4 cup milk

3/4 cup boiling water

Instructions:

Take a large mug, place your hot cocoa mix, chocolate syrup, cinnamon, and chili powder in. Then mix it well enough and pour in the milk. Add the boiling water and stir.

Peanut Buttercup Hot Chocolate-

(Original recipe makes 1 serving)

1 (1 ounce) envelope instant hot chocolate mix or any other mix you have

2 teaspoons creamy peanut butter

Instructions:

In this easy to make recipe, prepare your hot chocolate mix and then stir in 1 or 2 teaspoons of peanut butter.

Cinnamon Hot Chocolate-

(Original recipe makes 3 serving)

3 cups milk

1/3 cup semisweet chocolate, grated

1 tablespoon white sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 egg

Directions:

1) First, cook the milk on High in your microwave for around 2 minutes. Then, mix in your chocolate, sugar, and cinnamon. Next, take a small bowl and whisk an egg until smooth, then mix it into the chocolate mixture.

2) Return to your microwave and cook on High for 3 to 4 minutes or until foamy (not until boiling point.) Then, whisk the mixture until smooth and pour into desired amount of mugs. To add more flavor, garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Italian Hot Chocolate-

(Original recipe makes 2 servings)

3 tablespoons cocoa powder

1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar

1 1/2 cups milk

2 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon cornstarch

Directions:

1) First, mix the cocoa powder and sugar together in a small saucepan. Stir the milk until the sugar has dissolved. Then, place over low heat, slowly bringing the mixture to a low simmer.

2) Take a small cup and whisk 2 tablespoons of milk together with the cornstarch. Eventually, slowly whisk the cornstarch slurry into the cocoa mixture. Continue cooking and whisking continually for about 2-3 minutes or until the hot chocolate reaches a pudding-like thickness.

View comments (2)
$2475
$7800

$2475
$7800

• S

sophieJan 20, 2014 at 8:20 pm

LOVE THIS<3 i tried a couple

Reply
  • Y

Y.Jan 13, 2014 at 9:25 pm

When did mvhsoracle.com turn into a freakin blog. I came for school news, not instagram fodder.

Reply