Valentine’s Day date ideas

Winter Lodge

The Winter Lodge in Palo Alto is the perfect place for a more active date. With a wintery feel and the occasional soap-bubble snow, this location really brings out winter in the mild California weather. With admissions at $15 and skate rentals being $5, this is a very affordable and fun way to bond with your valentine this Friday. 

Philz Coffee

Philz Coffee on Middlefield road is right down the street from Winter Lodge and is a great casual date location for Valentine’s day. The coffee shop is beautiful with its colorful signs and murals along the walls. Philz offers indoor seating, however, the outdoor area is covered with a canopy of vines and is the perfect place to sit and drink some delicious coffee during a sunny day. However, this might not be the best place to go if you’re looking for something fancier.

Fremont Older Open Space Preserve

Another great outdoorsy Valentine’s date. The trails in the Bay Area are beautiful and offer many lookout points to see the bay. Fremont Older Open Space Preserve is one of the best places to hit the trails this February, as the fields are green and the weather is perfect for a hike. This is an amazing place if you want to connect with your date among nature, and possibly bring some food for a casual picnic along the way. Each trail offers a different view and difficulty, however, most require some mild hill climbing, so this would be the perfect date to get some steps in. It can get muddy this time of year, so it is recommended to wear shoes suitable for hiking. 

West Wind Capitol Drive-In

This retro drive-in movie theater is the perfect unconventional Valentine’s date you may be looking for. They show the newest movies such as Jumanji, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Birds of Prey, and offer classic snacks such as popcorn and soda. Get there early to find a good spot, but the lots are rarely full. Bringing your own snacks is permitted, so getting a pizza and some chips along the way are highly recommended. Pairing this with pillows and blankets will make this your most memorable Valentine’s experience.