10 Things to do this Summer

10 Things to do this Summer:

Trying to plan some fun adventures with your friends this summer? Check out Oracle’s list for a few ideas!

1. 21 Savage & DaBaby $$
    1. Date/Time: July 20th, 8pm
    2. Location: Bill Graham Civic Auditorium – San Francisco, CA

Check out modern rap sensation 21 Savage at his San Francisco stop for the i am > i was concert tour, in addition to an appearance from DaBaby. General admission is $49.50, and doors open promptly at 7pm.

1. Stinson Beach $

A fun getaway road trip for the summer, Stinson Beach is only a 1.5 hour drive away. Here, you can choose from a variety of hiking trails at Mt. Tamalpais State Park, relax on the beach, explore the Bolinas Lagoon, and swing by the many boutiques and cafés in town.

1. Outside Lands Music and Arts Festival $$$
    1. Date/Time: August 9th-11th, 11am
    2. Location: Golden Gate Park – San Francisco, CA

Head up to Golden Gate Park for two days of nonstop music. This year’s Outside Lands lineup includes Paul Simon, Childish Gambino, Twenty-One Pilots, The Lumineers, Flume, blink-182, Kygo, among many others. The festival also features a wide variety of art installations. Single day general admission is $155, and $385 for the 3-day pass.   

1. Vans Warped Tour $$
    1. Date/Time: June 20th-21st, 12pm
    2. Location: Shoreline Amphitheatre – Mountain View, CA

This travelling rock tour will be coming straight to Mountain View this summer, and is the largest travelling music festival in the US. Artists include The All-American Rejects, Andrew W.K., Andy Black, Anti-Flag, and many, many more. 2-day tickets are $151, and single day tickets go for $71.

1. Jelly Belly Candy Company $
    1. Location: Fairfield, CA

A 1.5 hour drive up north will bring you to Fairfield, where you can visit the headquarters and factory of the world-famous jelly bean candy. A quirky destination for sure, but nonetheless a fun outing where you can take a guided or self-guided tour of the Jelly Belly factory and enjoy free samples.

1. Point Reyes National Seashore Reserve $

Point Reyes is an expansive stretch of California coastline just north of San Francisco, with variety of hiking and biking trails, camping grounds, fishing spots, and several other outdoor activities. This is an excellent destination for a summer day-trip, with the ocean nearby and excellent weather.

1. Bodega Bay $

If you continue driving up north from Point Reyes, Bodega Bay will arrive in about 45 minutes. Here, you can choose from several cafés, restaurants, and grills, in addition hanging out on the beach, and exploring the variety of regional and state parks nearby.

1. Khalid & Clairo $$
    1. Date/Time: June 28th, 7:30pm
    2. Location: Oracle Arena – Oakland, CA

Head over to Oracle Arena to see Khalid, as he embarks on the Free Spirit World Tour to perform his hugely successful second studio album, which was released on April 5th, 2019. He will be joined by Clairo, a young American recording artist, who released an EP entitled ‘dairy 001’ in 2018. General admission tickets start at $68.

1. Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs and Shaw $
    1. Release Date: August 2nd

A highly anticipated spin-off to the legendary Fast & Furious film series, Hobbs & Shaw features a top-caliber cast, nonstop action, and is certainly going to be one the major hits this summer. It opens in theatres on August 2nd.

1. Shawn Mendes $$
    1. Date/Time: July 13th-14th, 7:30pm
    2. Location: Oracle Arena – Oakland, CA

Shawn Mendes is one of the world’s most successful young male artists, and will be coming to Oracle Arena this summer for Shawn Mendes: The Tour to perform his self-titled album, which was released in the second quarter of 2018. General admission tickets start at $69.50.