Five recipes you’ll FALL in love with

As the leaves begin to fall and the cold creeps in, we know it is time for the seasons to change. This article will provide you with five wonderful and scrumptious Oracle tested and edited recipes that are perfect for transitioning into the autumn season.

This phenomenal recipe for “No Bake-chewy-granola-bars” is perfect for a wholesome snack as well as a way to please your sweet tooth.

(Image courtesy of photobucket.)

Ingredients:

1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups cashew butter
1 cup powdered nonfat milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups granola cereal
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

1.  Lightly coat a 9- by 13-inch baking pan and a sheet of waxed paper with cooking spray and set them aside. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stir together the corn syrup and brown sugar. Let the mixture cook until the sugar dissolves, about 1 minute, then bring it to a simmer and let it cook for 30 seconds more.

2. Remove the pan from the heat and use a long-handled metal spoon to stir in the cashew butter, powdered milk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in the granola and cinnamon. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, then use the waxed paper, oiled side down, to flatten it.

3. Let the mixture cool for 1 hour, then turn it out onto a cutting board. If needed, use a knife to release it. Slice the granola into 24 bars and store them in an airtight container layered between sheets of waxed paper until ready to eat. They can be kept up to a week.

(Source: spoonful.com)

This Maple-Pumpkin-Custard is great for fall because it truly embodies the change of season. This recipe is a perfect way to treat yourself after a long week of homework and tests.

(Image courtesy of Google Images.)

Ingredients

1/3 cup sugar

6 egg yolks

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg

A pinch of ground cloves

1/8 teaspoon salt

2 cups heavy cream (or 1 cup heavy and 1 cup light)

2/3 cup solidly packed pumpkin mash or canned pumpkin

1/2 cup pure maple syrup

Directions

1.     Heat the oven to 300º F. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, spices, and salt. Set the mixture aside.

2.     In a medium-size saucepan, whisk together the light and heavy creams, pumpkin, and maple syrup, then bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. Do not let the mixture boil.

3.    Remove the pan from the heat once the pumpkin mixture is hot, about 5 minutes. Add it by the ladle to the yolk mixture, stirring continuously. Don’t pour it all in at once or it will cook the yolks too quickly.

4.    Once the mixtures are blended, divide the custard evenly among 6 standard custard cups. Pour 3/4 inch of hot water into a large, shallow casserole dish, then arrange the cups, evenly spaced, in the dish. Bake the custards, uncovered, on the center oven rack until their centers are jiggly but no longer soupy, about 45 to 50 minutes. Carefully transfer the cups to a wire rack to cool.

5.   When the custard reaches room temperature, cover the dishes individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for at least 6 hours. Makes 6 servings.

(Source: familyfun.go.com)

This apple muffin recipe is great for using up those extra apples lying on your counter and works well as a quick breakfast or an after school pick me up.

Maple Apple Oatmeal Muffin
(Image courtesy of photobucket.)

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar (or use 1 1/2 cups for a less sweet muffin)

2 eggs

1 cup oil

1 Tablespoon vanilla

3 cups flour

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon cinnamon

3 cups peeled, cored, diced apples (around 3 apples)

Brown sugar for topping (around 1/2 cup)

1/3rd cup of apple cinnamon apple sauce

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper liners.

2. Beat together sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla in a stand mixer. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until combined. The batter will be very thick. Then, add the apple-cinnamon apple sauce to loosen up the batter. Add the diced apples and

3. Fill paper liners almost to the top, about 3/4 of the way full. Sprinkle with brown sugar.

(Source: the-girl-who-ate-everything.com)

This recipe for “Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate” is heaven in a cup. It is the perfect blend of sweet and salty and just what you need for a chilly fall evening.

(Image courtesy of Google Images.)

Ingredients:

12 Caramels unwrapped (I used Kraft brand.)

4 oz chopped Dark Chocolate

1 3/4 cup Milk

1/4 cup Half & Half

½  tsp. Sea Salt

Garnish (Optional)

Fresh Whipped Cream

Chocolate Shavings

Caramel Drizzle

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine caramels and half and half. Stir until caramel are melted and smooth. Add chocolate and milk and whisk together until chocolate is melted and mixture is warmed and smooth. Whisk in sea salt.

2. Serve immediately and garnish with whipped cream, caramel, chocolate shavings and a sprinkle of sea salt.

(Source: Thebakerchick.com)

This recipe for sweet acorn squash is homey and easy to serve for dinner. The brown sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness to the creamy and delectable squash. This is truly a recipe fit for fall.

(Image courtesy of Google Images)

Ingredients:

1 medium acorn squash, halved

1-1/2 cups water

Garnish:

Brown Sugar

Butter (not melted)

Directions:

1. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes.
Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Add a spoon of brown sugar and a piece of butter to each half to make the squash extra delicious. Enjoy!

[fb-share]

[tweetbutton]