MVHS boys varsity water polo wins 13-9 in home opener

The Mountain View High School Boys Varsity Water Polo team is ready to dominate the competition this season, with big expectations from new and returning players and the brand new Olympic-size pool.

On Friday September 7, MVHS beat Saratoga High School in the Connoly Tournament. It was the first home game of the year in which MVHS played Saratoga High School.

When the first quarter began, MVHS got out to a quick start by scoring the first goal of the game. They never let up and ended the first quarter with a 4-0 lead over Saratoga. Throughout the game, MVHS defense was great, and managed to hold off the Saratoga offense until the second quarter.

In the second quarter MVHS out scored Saratoga 4-3, making the score at the end of the half 8-3. At the start of the second half MVHS scored the first goal with a nice lob shot.

The momentum continued throughout the third quarter. MVHS scored 4 more goals and Saratoga scored only 2 goals. MVHS  lead at the end of the quarter 12-5. The fourth quarter Saratoga goes on a huge run, but MVHS holds them off, by winning the game 13-9.

[fb-share]

[tweetbutton]