Battle of the class week overview: what events will take place

Sophia Sasaki, Print Sports Editor

The fourth annual Battle of the Classes put on by ASB is being held from March 28th to April 1st, where students can participate in lunchtime events and attend a rally to win points for their grade. Additionally, the theme for the Battle of the Classes is into the jungle. 

According to senior Brian Sussman, members of the activity committees from ASB have been collaborating on this project for a month. However, since the original date of the Battle of the Classes conflicted with AP tests, it had to be moved up a month. Despite this obstacle, Sussman said the activity committee has worked extra hard to get the event ready.    

Kicking off the Battle of the Classes on Monday will be a water balloon toss, followed by a kickball tournament spanning over Tuesday and Wednesday, spikeball on Thursday, and capture the flag on the final day. By participating in these events, students will get the chance to “win the coveted trophy and bragging rights”, Sussman said.

At each event, students will get the chance to win varying points depending on the place they get in the competition. 

The spectacle of the event that many students look forward to is the night rally, where students can still win points and have the opportunity to be crowned the winning class. 

“Night rally is a big culmination of the event. It’s the most fun and engaging part of the whole week and everyone looks forward to it,” Sussman said.

Fellow senior and member of the activity committee of ASB Elechi Iroaga has been very involved in the planning process of the Battle of the Classes. After attending the Battle of the Classes the previous year and enjoying the bonding aspect of the event, she was excited to be involved in planning it.

“I’m hoping this helps people get more involved in school spirit and get excited about the fun activities we planned,” Iroaga said.