Spring musical cancelled

Spring musical cancelled

On Sunday, the Performing Arts Department at Mountain View High School announced that the annual spring musical, Legally Blonde, will be cancelled due to scheduling conflicts.

The Performing Arts Department realized that with the busy spring schedule including choir, band and theater tours, a spring musical would only cause additional stress to the students and staff involved.

“This was a painstaking process for us, and we tried to find a responsible way to make it happen but in the end we concluded that a musical in addition to our department’s very full schedule is not feasible this year,” acting teacher David Koppel said in an email to acting students.

Many performing arts students were already getting excited for the musical since the title was released earlier in the year.

“I was actually really looking forward to it,” senior Tori Wilbur, president of Drama Board said. “I know Michael Stahl, Alli Shynert and I were really excited for our senior year musical and we were so disappointed that it’s not going to happen.”

[fb-share]

[tweetbutton]